Thu, 18 Mar|
2021 UN South Asia Forum on Business and Human Rights 2021: Eliminating Gender-Based violence and Harassment, C190
Time & Location
18 Mar 2021, 11:30 pm – 11:35 pm GMT+5:30
About the Event
Organised by the International Labour Organization, this session aims:
- To raise awareness on the ILO Convention on Violence and Harassment, 2019 (No. 190) and Recommendation on Violence and Harassmnet, 2019 (No. 206) among the leaders of the business community, government, workers’ orgnziations and other relevant organizations
- To take stock of the key challenges, opportunities and progress made in South Asia in preventing and addressing violence and harassment including gender-based violence in the world of work
- To identify key areas of action per country as well as at the sub-regional level to be taken to strengthen action against violence and harassment in the world of work
- To discuss what laws and guidelines may be necessary to protect all, especially women from violence and harassment in businesses as well as in the home – especially where the home is also a place of work;
- To discuss how tripartite action and social dialogue can contribute to eliminate violence and harassment in the world of work
The full background of the session is available here.
Register for the 2021 UN South Asia Forum on Business and Human Rights here.